Jump to Navigation

Oklahoma City Child Custody Lawyers

When something as important as determining your child's custody is at stake, you cannot afford to take any chances.

At Taylor Law Firm, P.L.L.C., we will work with you to ensure that your child's best interest is met. Our founder, attorney Floyd Taylor, has seen these cases from the perspective of a judge, a lawyer and as a parent. He understands the stakes and has the exceptional legal knowledge and skill to help get you the results you deserve. To discuss your child custody case in a free initial consultation, e-mail our Oklahoma City child custody attorneys, call locally at 405-200-1485, or toll free at 888-314-7119.

Establishing Your Child's Best Interest

Attorneys at our law firm represent divorcing or unwed parents in obtaining legal custody orders. Judges attempt to establish what is in the best interest of the child. Many factors go into making this decision, including which parent has provided the most childcare.

We will present your case before the court to ensure that you and your child's interests are being served. With more than 40 years of combined experience practicing before judges, we understand how to handle complex legal matters and effectively present a case before the court.

Types of Custody

In Oklahoma, there are two types of custody: physical custody and legal custody. Legal custody gives you the right to makes decisions about your child's life, including medical treatment, religion and education. Physical custody involves where the child lives on a day-to-day basis. Physical custody can be either shared jointly, with one parent having primary custody and the other having visitation rights, or a parent could be given sole custody.

Whether you need help securing joint custody or sole custody, our attorneys can help you. We will work to make sure you understand your options and your rights and find a custom-tailored solution to meet your family's needs.

Motions for Enforcement and Custody Modifications

If the other parent of your child is not following your custody or visitation arrangement, we can assist you in taking the matter to court. By undergoing contempt proceedings, we can enforce your original court order and protect your parental rights.

Child custody and visitation orders can often be modified due to a job loss, criminal conviction or other incidents that affect parenting. We can represent you in seeking a post decree modification.

Contact Our Edmond Visitation Attorneys — Free Initial Consultations

Contact our family law firm to schedule a free initial consultation and discuss your child custody case or divorce. Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m.