Serving All Of Your Family Law Legal Needs
You deserve a law firm you can depend on. After all, issues concerning your family’s future are the most important decisions parents can make. It is vital to have an experienced legal advocate who can give you straightforward answers and help you make the best long-term and informed decisions about your family’s future.
At Taylor Law Firm, PLLC, we have over 50 years of combined experience handling complex divorce cases and uncontested divorces. We are established and respected among our peers and former clients. We will provide you with the special care you need to ensure the best for your family and to help you secure your assets.
Honest And Dependable Legal Representation
Decisions have both short-term and long-term implications. We will tell you what you need to hear in order to achieve the best long-term goals and to avoid further obstacles. By providing an honest assessment of your situation and your goals, we will work to achieve the best possible outcomes in these key areas:
- Adoption: There is no greater happiness than welcoming a child into your family. We have helped numerous couples successfully navigate the paperwork and legal maze to finalize their adoption.
- Domestic violence: We work with individuals to ensure that the facts in their case are fairly and accurately portrayed and that their rights are protected through the legal process. If your issue involves domestic violence, we can help.
- Marital property division: Oklahoma is not a community property state in which assets are divided in half no matter the circumstances. Judges are allowed to use discretion and often make decisions based on equity. Having a skilled attorney on your side is critical, especially when high assets are involved. We will use experts — accountants and real estate appraisers — to evaluate property to ensure you are not cheated out of your rightful assets.
- Child custody and visitation: Decisions in child custody and visitation cases are based upon the best interests of the children. We can help you understand your options and your rights as a parent. There are circumstances when amendments to Oklahoma’s formula can be made. We can advise you on this.
- Child support: Child support is determined by an Oklahoma statute that requires combining both parents’ incomes and taking into account the number of children to be supported. While it is unusual, depending on the situation, amendments and appeals can be requested and approved.
- Spousal support/alimony: Alimony is awarded to minimize the unfair economic effects of a divorce. There are many factors that must be worked out in a spousal support agreement, such as the amount and the duration of that support.
- Military issues: If you or your spouse is in the military, we can help you with your military divorce and with military child custody disputes.
We are diligent in our work and will make sure that no detail is overlooked.
Schedule A Consultation Are Always Available
Whether you need a family law attorney to handle your contested child custody matter or an uncontested divorce, we can help you. Contact our firm to discuss your divorce in a Schedule a consultation. Call 405-525-2232. Our office is open weekdays from 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m.